The MML: Blitz League office is proud to announce the creation of the Expansion Draft!
In an effort to stock new teams or teams that are returning with no active players on their roster the Blitz League is happy to introduce the Expansion Draft starting in Season 4.
Each existing team is told it can “protect” a certain number of players by furnishing their names to the League Office before a certain date. The expansion team(s) then are allowed to select players not on the protected list in a manor that resembles the normal draft. There are generally a maximum number of players that can be selected by any one team.
Participating Team Franchises:
- New Teams (3 draft picks)
- Returning Teams (3 draft picks)
Expansion Draft Order:
- Draft order is randomized
Expansion Draft Date:
- The Expansion Draft will occur at least 48 hours prior to the normal draft
Expansion draft picks can not be sold or traded.
- New teams receive 12 draft picks. 3 of them will be taken in the Expansion Draft with the remaining 9 taken in the normal draft.
- Returning teams only receive 3 draft picks, so all 3 will be taken in the Expansion Draft
- Both New & Returning teams can purchase additional draft picks from other team franchises – these purchased picks are for the normal draft only.