A week ago Blitz announced that it would be bringing in Celebrity Players for the upcoming Season 5 draft. Each celebrity in the draft comes with their own overhead, marketing team and expenses – these things are not a downside, but a draw for prospective teams to look at signing one of the celebrities. Each celebrity comes with their own perk that the team will enjoy while they are on the teams roster.
When a celebrity is acquired and paid their salary, the acquiring team will roll a dice on the following table to determine what perk their celebrity comes with. Perks last for one season and are re-rolled each time a celebrities contract is acquired/renewed.
- Nuffle: Never to be out done, Nuffle is the celebrity now. No perk is granted.
- Cheerleaders: The team acquires two cheerleaders. The team must maintain them for one season. If the team already has Max cheerleaders, then the team instead is awarded $20,000 at the end of the season.
- Adoring Fans: The team receives +3 Fan Factor at the beginning of the season
- Cheapskate: The Celebrity draws all the attention and everyone wants to just be on the team. Roster player salaries level 3 and below cost -$5,000 less each.
- Groupie: This Celebrity comes with a groupie. Team gets a free level 1 lineman of their choice. This player cannot be fired, but may be released if the celebrity leaves the team.
- Show Me the Money: The Celebrity brings in huge crowds. The team receives an extra $5,000 per game, deposited into their bank account at the end of the season.
- Coaching: The team acquires two assistant coaches. The team must maintain them for one season. If the team already has Max assistant coaches, then the team instead is awarded $20,000 at the end of the season.
- Draft: The team receives one additional draft pick for the next seasons draft. Draft pick is added to the end of the draft order once the order has been published.
- Healthy: The celebrity is concerned about health. A full health insurance policy is assigned to the Celebrity.